Wednesday 4 May 2011

Editing

As a group we decided to talk responsibility for editing our own sections. Using the editing software Edit Pro 11, I started with the main master shot, and used fades and dissolves to show time passing as the lead male walk down the seafront and encountered the clown. I kept the edit pace quite slow as I wanted to use a very fast edit pace later on in my section and wanted to show a clear contrast. This part of my scene will be repeated throughout Karlene’s and Chloe’s to shop repetition in the narrative. Once the man has received his fate I used a lot of different angled, primarily medium and close up shots of the clown and male lead character. These interchanged between each other and the edit pace began increasingly fast to create confusing. I changed the colour of some of the shots into black and white, bright and dark colours, this also adds to the strangeness and confusion of the scene that reflects what the male character is feeling. Once I had finished that part I moved on to the scene when the audience realises the box is not plugged in. I quickened the pace of the main point of view shot of the wire to create a sense of panic then used a fade to show the man running back towards the empty box. The scene then cuts to him in the car and close ups of him putting his seatbelt on and looking in the rear-view mirror. I have then added the shot that zooms from the point of view of the man, on the clown who is visible through the back window of the car. Finally, my section ends on the sequence of shots when the man is driving home and sees the clown at intervals, such as on a round-a-bout and at the side of the road, on his journey home. It is at this point we will use a transition to link my section and Paige's together.

No comments:

Post a Comment